Easy Egg White Soufflés
Nadia Holland sent us this terrific recipe for easy egg white soufflés using Eat Me Supplements powdered Egg White Protein.
These aren’t ‘true’ soufflés, but they puff up while cooking just like real soufflés but with almost no effort! And they are very healthy too.
Serves: 2 (makes 2 ramekin dishes).
- 100 grams of raw spinach or 2-3 frozen spinach cubes
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 200 grams of ‘lite’ cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard (or mustard powder) This is important not only for flavour but to give them a yellow ‘cheesy’ colour.
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of egg white powder (dissolved in ¾ cup of warm water)
- Cooking spray to coat the ramekins
In a blender, mix or whip all the ingredients until nice and foamy looking.
Divide the mixture between 2 ramekins (or more if they’re very small dishes), and bake at 190 until the ‘soufflés’ have risen, and they are puffy and golden on top.
If not cooked in the centre, reduce the heat and cook further till set.
Serve straight away or they will shrink down again (they’re still yummy but not as impressive looking).