Benefits Of Plant-Based Protein Powder In NZ
At Eat Me Supplements, we know the power of a good protein powder. When it comes to vegan or plant-based protein powder in NZ, there is a common misconception that it is inferior to other protein powders like whey protein. In reality, a good quality plant-based protein powder offers a host of benefits.
What Is Plant-Based Protein Powder?
As the name suggests, plant-based protein powder is derived from plants rather than the more common protein powders that are usually derived from a dairy byproduct called whey. Plant-based protein powders contain protein derived from plant sources, including:
- Legumes like soy, peas, navy beans, lentils, chickpeas/garbanzos and more
- Nuts such as cashews, almonds, peanuts and more
- Seeds like pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds and more
- Grains such as quinoa, oats, rice
- Algae like spirulina
Benefits Of Plant-Based Protein Powder
Choosing a plant-based protein powder offers a range of benefits to users, including:
- Reduce the risk of chronic disease: Research shows that the risk of chronic disease and premature death can be significantly reduced by replacing animal baked proteins with vegetable-based proteins.
- Reduce the risk of allergic reactions: For people with dairy and egg allergies, protein powders such as whey and casein (dairy derivatives) are unsuitable. That said, some vegetable-based protein powders do contain soy, so it’s important to always thoroughly check ingredients for allergens.
- Reduce the harmful impact on the environment: In the production process, producing plants uses significantly less water, land and energy and produces fewer greenhouse gases than meat or animal product production. Choosing a plant-based protein powder is choosing a more environmentally friendly option.
- Good source of protein for strict vegetarians and vegans: Often, vegans and vegetarians make getting enough protein from non-animal sources a top priority. For vegans and vegetarians, a plant-based protein powder is a quick, convenient and reliable source of protein to have on hand if they feel they are struggling to meet their protein needs or even just boost their protein intake if they so choose.
Eat Me Supplements was founded by Kiwi athletes who found themselves searching for supplements that were free from unnecessary fillers and additives, made from high-quality ingredients and, most importantly, actually worked.
If you’re looking for the best plant-based protein powder in NZ, take a look at our product range. If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, don’t hesitate to fill out our convenient online form.