Protein Hot Chocolate
There’s nothing better on a cold stormy evening than a creamy and indulgent hot chocolate!
But don’t throw your diet out the window yet because we have the ultimate recipe for a low carb, luscious, sugar free, and at the same time, high protein hot chocolate.
Here's everything you need to make 2 mugs.
- 2 cups of low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon of smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup of Eat Me Cheeky Chocolate flavoured Whey Protein
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite Cocoa Powder (depending on how rich you like it)
- In a pot, combine the milk, whey protein, cocoa powder and peanut butter.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat while whisking.
- Take it off the heat as soon as it gets hot but not boiling hot - think warm enough to touch. If you wait until the mixture boils, the whey protein will start to curdle.
- Top it with high protein whipped cream. This is optional, but it adds a great texture and creaminess to your drink.
- To make protein whipped cream:
- Whisk low-fat ricotta with 1/4 cup of Eat Me Velvet Vanilla flavoured Whey Protein and 2-3 tablespoons of milk.
Spoon the mixture onto your drink, or for an amazing cafe style presentation, use a piping bag and pipe it on top of the hot chocolate.