Lemon Chia Seed Protein Muffins
Now you can make our famous Lemon Chia Seed Protein Muffins in the comfort of your own home!
With 8 grams of protein each, these are a must have for the long winter days!
We swapped the usual poppy seeds for healthy chia seeds in this tasty recipe! Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals; and high in fiber and protein.
Here's everything you need to make these muffins:
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin pan
- Baking spray
- 5 heaped tablespoons of Eat Me Lean Shake Vanilla Crème protein powder
- 3/4 cup baking stevia (or sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 teaspoons of Eat Me Egg White Powder (or 4 egg large whites)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of black chia seeds (or poppy seeds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together wet ingredients.
- Mix all the dry and wet ingredients until just combined, then stir in the black chia seeds or poppy seeds.
- Place paper muffin cups inside your muffin pan or skip the liners and lightly coat the inside of each cup with baking spray.
- Divide batter between cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted at centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove from the tray.
(Per serve = One muffin)
Protein: 8 grams
Carbs: 6 grams
Fat: 3 grams